libraria-occitana.org is the online bookshop of the Limoges Librariá occitana (42 Rue Haute-Vienne) in Haute-Vienne (87).
This association bookshop, created in 1984 to circulate Occitan books and music, came under the control of the Limousin Occitan Studies Institute in 2000.
A sales location
We have more than a thousand books, in Occitan of course, but in French or bilingual as well, dealing with numerous subjects concerning Occitania – with an important collection on Limousin – and lesser-used languages :
- Occitan tales, novels, short-stories, drama ;
- Works about Occitan history, culture and heritage : customs, proverbs, tales, songs, cooking, religious practises, monuments, toponomy,…;
- Dictionaries, grammar books, course books to learn Occitan ;
- Works on linguistics ;
- Children’s books ;
We offer a wide range of Occitan music CDs, from the Troubadours to contemporary (ska, ragga, dub, electro,…) not to mention traditional ; a selection of DVDs ; clothes ; stickers, key-rings, flags, badges, pendants, cards,… ;
A ressource centre
The Librariá occitana is an area for information and activities about the Occitan language and culture :
- You will find the location of courses, workshops, the radio broadcasts, the Occitan events in Limousin or elsewhere ;
- It may be an exhibition centre for occasional artistic favourites ;
- Meetings, dedicaces and more punctuate life at our shop.
Whether you are simply curious or a specialist, whether or not you speak Occitan, the Librariá occitana is open for everyone.
You’re interested in Limousin, Occitania, Occitan/the Limousin language?
Come and see us to know more.